The Finance Sector Non-Executive Director Forum LBG (“The NED Forum”) was formed in recognition of the increasing importance of good corporate governance, particularly as it applies to regulated businesses in the Finance sector. The aims of the NED Forum are twofold:
- To provide support for the non-executive director community in the finance sector in the Channel Islands. and
- To promote the views of the non-executive director community in the finance sector in the Channel Islands.
These aims will be achieved through the following activities:
- Holding regular events, where members will be able to meet and exchange information
- Organising presentations from industry experts. The NED Forum has established itself with the appropriate training authorities so that it will provide authorised CPD Certification.
- Entering into dialogue with the Guernsey Financial Services Commission and the States of Guernsey who recognise the importance of the Forum. We will:
- Respond to consultations
- Hold regular meetings to share information and provide feedback
- Lobby, as appropriate, on relevant topics
- Engaging with other relevant industry bodies to share information and as necessary support each other in areas of common interest.
- Maintaining a library of useful articles, which will be available to members. This will include both the presentation materials from organised meetings and other relevant industry fact sheets which the Committee believes will prove useful to members.
Membership is encouraged from individuals who are, or intend to be, non-executive directors.